Tuesday 1 May 2012

Book Reviews

As I've said previously, I initially wanted to start a blog where I could review books. I thought that having a space to document my thoughts, ideas and reactions to the books I read would encourage me to read more thoroughly, read more genres and add a purpose to my reading.


I am currently unsure as to what type of book reviews I want to write: whether I want them to be informal, full of my personal opinions or if I want to write a more literary book review which analyses themes and characters etc. I actually haven't written a book review since I was in school and so I am still exploring which style suits me best. I also haven't written anything substantial since leaving university in May 2010 so my writing may initially be a little lacking.

My first few book reviews will be a little 'messy' (for lack of a better word). I expect them to be lacking in structure and slightly confused. They are merely experiments which I hope will help to channel my book review style and eventually result in a coherent, well written book review for curious readers to stumble across and comment/discuss.

I'm nervous about submitting my book reviews, I hope that I do the books justice and I hope that somebody somewhere will enjoy reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you stop by don't be afraid to comment. I don't have facebook or twitter so if you don't want to comment but like what you read, please share this on your pages.
Thanks, Laura xx