Monday 30 April 2012

Daydream Believer: My first time...

For my first ever post I thought it would be appropriate to talk about the title of my blog: World of a Daydream Believer. I didn't pick this title because I'm some sort of crazy Monkees fan....
even though Daydream Believer is one of my all time favourite feel-good songs. But because I really am a daydreamer.


I daydream about everything. I have always been a daydreamer but never more than I am now. It's how I get through the day and how I survive the world of power tools. I daydream about my future, about my career, about my wedding, about owning a zoo, about winning the lottery, about travelling the world. I can daydream about almost anything. 


Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these people that lives in cloud cuckoo land, who has no concept of reality and who believes that one day I will be rich, famous and beautiful. I do have some completely unrealistic daydreams but I also have a million more realistic ones. I believe that almost any dream can be turned into an achievable goal if you are prepared to work hard at it. Having dreams and ambitions is healthy and gives you something to look forward to in life. I admire and respect people who know what they want and who make it happen. 


My biggest inspiration for following my dreams actually comes from Christina Aguilera. I'm not ashamed to admit that for reasons completely unbeknown to myself I am utterly in love with Christian Aguilera and her song Soar always makes me stop and think. If I had to pick a song that inspires me or a song to describe my views in life or to act as a motto; this would be the song. 


It is hard to pick a part of the song that is more inspirational or more meaningful than any other part of the song because I think that the whole song is beautiful but the chorus sums it up:


Now in life there's gonna be times 
When you're feeling low
And in your mind insecurity seems to take control
We start to look outside ourselves 
For acceptance and approval
We keep forgetting that the one thing we should know is
Don't be scared
To fly alone
Find a path that is your own....
...See in your hands the world is yours

Don't hold back and always know 
All the answers you will unfold

I don't think that there is a single person in the world who can't relate to this.This song sums up why I love to daydream and why I think that anybody can achieve their dreams.....find a path that is your own....in your hands the world is yours....we make our own destiny, we make our life what it is! You should never be afraid to take hold of your life, take charge and make it what you want it to be. Don't be afraid of being different, do what makes you happy because it is your life and you are in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you stop by don't be afraid to comment. I don't have facebook or twitter so if you don't want to comment but like what you read, please share this on your pages.
Thanks, Laura xx