Friday 25 May 2012

GlossyBox #1



Today I received my first ever GlossyBox. Most people in the blogging world know about GlossyBox but, just in case you haven't heard of it, GlossyBox is a monthly subscription beauty box. For just £10 (plus p&p) a month you will receive direct to your door a box with five beauty product samples (sometimes full sized). As far as I know, each box is themed and when you sign up you fill out a beauty profile where you can select your skin type, foundation colour etc etc to help the guys at GlossyBox personalise your box. You also get asked your preferences about the type of products you want to receive. 



I'm not an overly beauty obsessed person. I don't spend a long time doing my hair or makeup. I have the same dull look everyday and I don't have a massive daily routine. This is mainly because I am rubbish at anything like that. I would love to have gorgeous hair but am hopeless at styling and I'm pretty awful at anything fancy when it comes to makeup. BUT I do always want to try new products especially skin related products. I always browse nice beauty products but they are generally expensive and if they're not that good, its a waste of money. I mainly use Clinique makeup and sometimes fancy a change but to buy a whole new makeup and discover that I don't like it would be costly. SO....i subscribed to Glossybox.


Today was my first GlossyBox and quite appropriately it is the month of GlossyBox's first birthday (this was the 'theme'). My box was delivered to my work address and when the receptionist brought it to my desk I was excited to see that even the outside packaging was pretty.










The outside packaging with postal label (apologies for the bad photo its mainly due to bad lighting but a new camera should be on its way to me in just under a week!)


I couldn't wait to open up the box and was so pleased to see the smart looking box, cute tissue paper and little ribbon....all small touches that I love! They make the £10 a month completely justifiable. I think I have already decided that the box will be used as a photo storage box now that I intend to print all of my photos and the tissue paper will be put away to add to my up and coming 'craft corner'.




As it is GlossyBox's first birthday the box contained a couple of extras: a bright pink GlossyBox balloon and cute compact mirror.

My five products were all sample sized 


A 75ml bottle of Noble Isle's Summer Rising Bath and Shower Gel. 

Nobel Isle is a new British bath and body brand inspired by the natural and cultural riches of the British Isles. 

I always love to try new shower gels, so I am excited about using this. I love things that smell nice and make my skin feel soft. I think that a 75ml sample is actually quite generous considering that the full size bottle of 250ml can be purchased on the website for £20.




Two 0.8ml samples of Lolita Lempicka perfumes: L'Eau en Blane and Si Lolita. 

Lolita Lempicka's fragrances represent a feminine world where Parisian chic meets fantasy fairy tale. 

I haven't smelt either of these yet as I am going to test them on my skin properly throughout the day. But I love to discover new fragrances so am quite excited by these.


 A 10 ml Weleda Face Cream/Body Milk. Weleda products only contain natural ingredients grown biodynamically to help restore health and maintain wellbeing.

I'm don't know if I am being a complete fool BUT I'm not entirely sure if this is a combined face cream/body milk or if there are two samples available. I think that people are receiving either the face cream or the body milk but the sample is all in another language and I haven't been able to work it out yet.

Either way, I'm not very keen on the 'wild rose' smell, it is a bit medicinal...but once I've worked out what i'm actually trying I will definitely be giving it a go. 


A 9ml sample of Uniqone all in one hair treatment.The first leave-on mask on the market that offers the 10 main benefits that the hair needs. Sold exclusively in hairdressing salons.

This is the sample that I am most looking forward to trying. I am always on the lookout for new hair care products. I have fine and damaged hair and I struggle to keep it in a good condition or find products that don't instantly make my hair greasy. I have high hopes for this. 




 A pack of Let's Go Lashes. Available in 40 styles. 100% human hair. Reusable. 

In all honesty, I wasn't impressed with this addition. I have never worn fake eyelashes, I think they are a bit ridiculous and vain. I would probably benefit from false lashes because mine are really short and some are missing from chickenpox when I was younger. BUT still I just don't like false lashes. 

These ones though are pretty inoffensive. I think they would look quite natural if applied properly. I might give them a go in the privacy of my own home.


I will let you know when I have tried and tested this products and what I think. What do you think of this months box?


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you stop by don't be afraid to comment. I don't have facebook or twitter so if you don't want to comment but like what you read, please share this on your pages.
Thanks, Laura xx